Skip to content

Poor Johnny

Poor Johnny published on No Comments on Poor Johnny

imagesThis is one of the few things I remember from high school chemistry class.  I would like to share it with you:

Johnny was a chemist.
Johnny is no more.
What he thought was H2O
Was H2SO4.

In case you’re chemically challenged like I was, H2O is, of course, water, and H2SO4 is sulphuric acid.  Emphasis on the word “acid.”  If you drink sulphuric acid, you will die an excruciatingly painful death.  Poor Johnny.

In Johnny’s defense, sulphuric acid is colorless and odorless, so it could easily be mistaken for water.  On the other hand, when in a lab, it’s probably a good policy not to drink anything unless it comes from the tap or from a bottle specifically labeled as containing drinking water.

Rest in peace, Johnny.

Thanks for reading! Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment below!

Primary Sidebar

%d bloggers like this: